Welcome to DLaura's Art!
Denisa Laura and Alexandru Rusu are the owners of DLaura's Art.
You can find here art that has emotional significance to us, and hopefully, also to you. Every piece of art is original and handmade. The items are created by Denisa Laura Doltu or Alexandru Rusu.
Our work is professionally made. We like to take great care of every detail. The materials are carefully chosen in order to last a lifetime.
Our basic medium is oil, but we won't exclude the use of acrylic, metallic, graphite or any other medium.
Customization is always welcome - if you would like to ask for specific size or color combinations, just contact us and we will be happy to assist.
Always read item's description entirely and if you have any question, please feel free to contact us!
The entire payment must be made up front. The processing time of any order begins only by the moment the payment was received in one of our accounts.
Accepted Payment methods :
• Secure options: PayPal (preferred), Direct Checkout
Etsy keeps your payment information secure. Etsy shops never receive your credit card information.
• Other option: Bank Transfer
Etsy can't guarantee the security of this option. For details on how to pay with this method, contact us.
• For any custom order, a non-refundable deposit of 20% of the price will be taken. Just 80% of the paid sum will be refunded in case of calling off the order. You will not receive the item in this case. The 20% deposit will not be taken for the made to order items that are already listed in our shop.
Etsy will have the right to refund you the entire sum ONLY and ONLY IF we have not completed our explicitly established requirements, agreed by both parts, for a specific custom order.
• You DO NOT need to have a PayPal account to make a payment through them and can check out as a guest.
If you don't have a PayPal account, you can simply use your credit card through PayPal. Just choose the option PayPal and then find the "pay by credit card" option.
We ship WORLDWIDE!!!
From Romania, Europe.
The time we need to prepare an order for shipping varies. For details, see individual items. You will receive an email confirmation within a day from when the shipment was made.
Please keep in mind that shipping during a holiday season can be unpredictable. In this period of time could appear delays of 1-3 weeks.
• Shipping Methods:
1) FREE: Romanian Postal Service, Priority Mail (Posta Romana); orders are shipped via registered air mail and will have a tracking number. If you live in USA you will receive your package with USPS.
We'll do our best to meet these shipping estimates, but cannot guarantee them. Actual delivery time will depend on the shipping method you choose.
North America, Canada: - 10-15 business days (2-3 weeks)
Europe: - 5-7 business days (1 week)
Australia, New Zealand: - 15-25 business days (3-5 weeks)
All our packages are insured with this sipping method in case of loss (there was never the case).
We will provide you the tracking code which could be used also here:
This is a safe shipping method and we encourage you to use it.
2) SHIPPING UPGRADE: for faster shipment we will use TNT courier via UPS, but a considerable fee will be charged (no more then $100 USD). In case you would prefer this sipping method, please contact us.
All our packages are insured with this sipping method.
We will provide you a tracking code which could be used also here:
• We can not be held responsible for slowness or delays in your package's arrival due to customs or other shipping issues out of our control.
• On Holiday Seasons, the shipping transit may last a little longer then normal. There are more chances to appear delays due to high number of packages on the shipping line.
• The Holiday Shipping Deadlines will always be announced in our Etsy shop's page.
• Customs, Duties, Brokerage Fees:
International buyers are responsible for any possible customs/duties/taxes/broker fees, once the item arrives in their country.
Always include your phone number when checking out, as phone numbers are required for shipping labels and customs forms IN CASE your local carrier needs to reach you upon arrival.
• Size limits:
1) Our free shipping method has some size limits. ROPS don't accept stretched canvas that is grater then 40" on any dimension (maxim limit would be 40"x28" / 100 x 70 cm). For exceptions, please contact us. The size limits may be different from country to country.
The paintings that are larger then the size limit will be shipped unstretched (the canvas only).
2) For TNT courier via UPS there are no size limits, but we do not cover the fees.
All our items are shipped in a cardboard box. The box is made entirely by us. We only buy cardboard plates.
A stretched painting will be packed in a box depending on its size. We apply a piece of Polyethylene / PE film over the painted side of the canvas. After that, we wrap it in stretch film, and again with bubble wrap if necessary.
For over-sized paintings, we roll the canvas having 1-2 layers of Polyethylene / PE film and 1-2 of bubble wrap over the painted side of the canvas and one of Polyethylene / PE film under it. After that we wrap it in stretch film and pack it in a cardboard box.
• We will always ship to the address given by Etsy. If you want us to ship to a different address, please indicate this in your Message to Seller.
• We are not responsible for packages that are undelivered because the address given by the buyer through Etsy is inaccurate.
Just contact me within: 14 days of delivery
Ship items back to me within: 21 days of delivery
Request a cancellation within: 2 days of purchase
But please contact me if you have any problems with your order.
Because of the nature of these items, unless they arrive damaged or defective, I can't accept returns for:
• We accept a cancellation within 2 days of purchase.
• All our packages are insured and in case of loss we will pay you all the money back.
• For returns:
- contact us within 14 days of delivery.
- ship items back to us within 16 days of delivery.
- we will issue a refund within 1 day after the items were received back.
• In case of high damage during the transit, please contact us as soon as possible!
Conditions of return
Buyers are responsible for return shipping costs. If the item is not returned in its original condition, the buyer is responsible for any loss in value.
Due to high cost of shipment and long transit time, we don't encourage returns.
If you are in doubt about an item, feel free to ask for more info. We would be delighted to show you the item in more detail, but also, please take into consideration that the images do not precisely present it. We consider that our work is much more beautiful in reality than in pictures. We show and describe our artwork as accurate as possible, although variations in individual PC monitor, mobile phone or tablet screen hues or colors make it impossible for every artwork to look EXACTLY the same on every device. And yet, we can't compare a picture of a painting with the painting itself seen by your own eyes.
• Certificate of Authenticity
Here you are buying directly from the artist, so we offer a signed Certificate of Authenticity.
Each certificate of authenticity will include the name of the person who purchased the piece of art, a signature from the Author and also signatures from the owners of DLaura's Art. If you're buying the item as a gift, please provide us the name of the gift recipient for the certificate. We can also ship to the address of the recipient of your gift (check Shipping chapter).
• Stretched paintings - about the hanging mechanism:
We use crocodile hangers, placed on the upper side of the chassis, only one in the middle, for each painting/panel that has a width less then 40 inches.
Our stretched paintings, that are wider then 40 inches, have 2 crocodile hangers spaced exactly 12" (30 cm) between and placed on the upper side of the chassis.
• Custom orders
For every custom order the buyer must establish some requirements, which could be later found explicitly written in the custom order's description. After their analysis, we would reply with:
- an estimate price,
- the number of days necessary for the completion of the artwork,
- the number of days allocated for drying (if needed),
- an estimate date when the order will be shipped.
Any step further in the process of creation will be made ONLY and ONLY IF both parts accepted the requirements and the listed item was purchased by the buyer (check Payment chapter for more details).
During the time of creation, the buyer has the right to ask for minor changes or corrections, but no more then 2 revisions.
• We do wholesale discounts.
Please contact us if you are interested in purchasing a larger number of items.
Yes, we do accept customization of items or custom orders. Please read our policy for Custom orders first. Custom orders are not the same as made to order items that are already listed in our shop.
No, we have never lost an order. Even if you don't see any updates in the track and trace service, your package is probably on hold in customs. For example, the U.S. customs have the right to withhold a package up to 20 days without giving any explanation.
Also, during the holiday season, a delay of 1-3 weeks can appear.
Nevertheless, in case of loss, a notice would be written in the track and trace sheet. In this case, we would cross check with our postal service the possible loss and after that we will issue a refund.
No, we can't wrap the item as a gift, because the package can be opened during customs. But we can write a gift message inside the box and ship it directly to any specific address you would like. When checking out, give us a note where you specify explicitly that you want the item shipped to a different address, the correct address where the item will be shipped, also the name of the recipient which will be used for the Certificate of Authenticity and a gift message that you want to be written on the back of the canvas.
If you are interested in purchasing more then 2 items, please contact us and we would discuss a wholesale discount. But we won't apply this discount to any custom order.
This depends a lot on the country. When a package is being shipped to an European country, then that package should be delivered in 5 days. If it's shipped across the ocean, then it would get there in 2 weeks (sometimes in one week - usually in spring and summer).
But in compensation for the long transit time, we cover the costs of shipment (except Australia and New Zealand for which we would take a small fee)